Thursday, January 16, 2014

Resolutions And Being Stuck In The Mud

 Who makes resolutions anymore? I don't because I know I will never stick to them, and I won't remember them after a few weeks. We all want to better ourselves, whether by losing weight or dropping a bad habit we can't shake. We all have those things we could change to make us better in our eyes or the eyes of others.
  Resolutions are meant to jump start our lazy nature because we all get into "ruts" (or being "stuck in the mud" as I call it). So, resolutions will lift you out of the mundane and inspire you to reach an unattainable, seemingly up to the point of the resolution, goal that you neither had the energy or time to undertake.
  Most resolutions don't make it past January before they become the stuff of long forgotten lore. So, with that in mind I offer this bit of advice. Make each day a day of resolution. Everyday is New Year's Day. It is a day to start anew. If you fail, then try again tomorrow. Only you can change your life. Only you will make yourself different.
  What, you may ask are some of my resolutions? Well, I have about 10,000 things I would love to accomplish just this year alone. Some things are about me, but most are how I wish the world to change for the betterment of society as a whole. Personally, I have been achieving on many different levels. One, for instance, is being a successful podcast (or internet broadcaster). I have been doing this for more than 5 years (and counting). I have found a passion for podcasting! It brings me happiness, fulfillment, and peace. Everyday I think of ways I can improve. Second resolution and third are to get married this year and to have kids. Those two are very BIG resolutions. The logistics are mind numbing. Just trying to plan it all and see it come together is tough and overwhelmingly, but both are every bit a part of what I want and need to enrich my life.
  I make an everyday resolution to be better at something or in the way I treat others and on how I wart to be treated. Some days I succeed, some days I fail. If you make any kind of resolution you know exactly how I feel. I do not let failure stop me, and neither should you. Pick yourself up and persevere. You can accomplish massive changes in your life, but sometimes they come from everyday resolutions. Remember to start small, but thing BIG! Plan ahead and everyday you are closer to your ultimate goals, whatever you choose them to be in your life.

  Ed
  "Savage Techman"
  1-16-14

No comments:

Post a Comment